Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Saturday, October 19, 2013

First time using my pressure canner

I've always wanted to be more self sufficient. After last year's storms and being without power it opened my eyes. To date, there are people still effected by last year's hurricane. It's proves to me that you can't depend on anyone but yourself. So my goal is to build up my emergency food storage in the event a storm hits and knocks out power. I don't want to have to run to the store in a mad dash to buy the last cans of ravioli. I want to be better prepared.

Kidney Beans I canned in my new pressure canner, the All American 915. I was nervous at first to use it, but this thing is built! I felt safe using it. Highly recommended! I never thought I would LOVE to can, but I do! There's something real satisfying about doing it yourself, providing for your family. Next I plan on canning lots of meat.

Amazon Associates Link:

No comments: