Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Foodsaver!

Finally got a foodsaver. It's a Foodsaver Smartseal V3485 model. I originally wanted a white one, not very fond of black appliances. My hubby got this one at BJ's Wholesale Club for $99 (originally listed for $199)

Amazon Associates Link:

It works great but it's loud! I also got some jar adapters for storing food that i dehydrate, and for extending the shelf life of other foods i buy in bulk.

My intention is building up my pantry for better preparedness and self sufficency. The bags are expensive, but we found a cheaper source @ http://www.thesweetattack.com/vacmaster_storage_bag.html. We havent ordered from them yet, but they come recommended.

No comments: