Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, January 14, 2013

Singer 201-2 Review

The Singer 201-2 was known to be one of the most expensive and finest machines Singer ever built at the time. This machine is a domestic heavy duty machine.

Some info:

• All gear drive, no belt • Straight stitch only with full reverse feed and adjustable stitch length

• Low shank screw-on feet

• Cast iron body with approx weight of 30 lbs

• Drop-in class 66 bobbin

• Uses standard sewing machine needles 15x1

• Full rotary horizontal hook

• Feed dogs drop for embroidery

• Built in light

In my experience I've found the Singer 201 to be a powerful & fast sewing machine! If you are not use to using a fast machine you might want something slower. It easily handles heavy duty work. I love the drop in bobbin. This eliminates the need for a separate bobbin case,and making threading easy and trouble free.

The light is built onto the machine & located in front, which is excellent as well. The design is clean & sleek. The thread tension assembly is front mounted which I prefer.

As with most Singer's, parts are easy to find.

In my opinion the Singer 201-2 is an excellent choice. If your lucky enough to get your hands on... don't pass it up!

No comments: