• All gear drive, no belt • Straight stitch only with full reverse feed and adjustable stitch length
• Low shank screw-on feet
• Cast iron body with approx weight of 30 lbs
• Drop-in class 66 bobbin
• Uses standard sewing machine needles 15x1
• Full rotary horizontal hook
• Feed dogs drop for embroidery
• Built in light
In my experience I've found the Singer 201 to be a powerful & fast sewing machine! If you are not use to using a fast machine you might want something slower. It easily handles heavy duty work. I love the drop in bobbin. This eliminates the need for a separate bobbin case,and making threading easy and trouble free.
The light is built onto the machine & located in front, which is excellent as well. The design is clean & sleek. The thread tension assembly is front mounted which I prefer.
As with most Singer's, parts are easy to find.
In my opinion the Singer 201-2 is an excellent choice. If your lucky enough to get your hands on... don't pass it up!