Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, January 14, 2013

Singer 15-91 Review

The Singer 15-91, another popular model of Singer Sewing Machines. Made of cast iron and weighing nearly 30 lbs. A little about this great machine:

• Class 15 bobbins

• Reverse feed

• Low shank presser feet

• Uses standard household sewing machine needles 15x1

• Potted Motor 0.6 amps with a direct, gear drive -no belt

• Feed dogs drop

• Vertical oscillating hook

I was lucky enough to inherit one of these machines from my mother in law. It was a heap of rust but I restored it to a decent working condition.

The Singer 15-91 is a smooth running domestic sewing machine which is a favorite among quilters. It can handle heavy duty tasks such as sewing leather, denim, canvas and even finer materials.

The Singer 15-91 is a highly recommended sewing machine that will provide you with many years of dependable service. Parts are readily available and are inexpensive.

No comments: