Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, January 14, 2013

Dehydrated Foods

I've started drying foods to build up my food stores. In case of emergencies & to save money. It's amazing how much the food shrinks! Dehydrated food will store great for years if you store them in a mason jar and vacuum seal it.

I recently cut up about 10 lbs of potatoes, and they fit into a half gallon jar! I also did bananas, celery and tea. I have plans on drying many other foods. I added silica packs & oxygen absorbers to the jars as well. When I recently opened the potato jar I discovered it had a vacuum seal, awesome!

Amazon Associates Link:

No comments: