Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, September 3, 2012

Changes & Thoughts

It a quiet, cloudy, breezy and cool Monday morning, though it feels like a Sunday. I hear a few birds. Dark clouds rolling by. They say rain tomorrow. I have so much to do, but I don't feel like doing anything. The doggies are sleeping. The husband and son asleep.

Joe just turned 24. I simply can't believe that much time has gone by. It's hard to comprehend. I think about him often. I wonder if he's ok, if he's in pain. If he's happy. I hurt inside for things I know he will go through soon. It's part of life and I have to accept it. What bothers me is that he didn't have to go through this. He picked the wrong girl,and he changed a lot. Now he's suffering the consequences. I feel helpless. I will try and stay positive though. I just hope that if he needs me, he'll come to me. I told him he'll always have a home no matter where I am.

It hurts bad sometimes being a mom. I never knew it could hurt so much.

It's chilly by the window here. I have goosebumps, but I like it. Sweater weather...well almost. It's suppose to warm up like yesterday. In another week or so, the drops should drop off.

Andrew goes back to school in 2 days. yippee. I just hope he stays out of trouble.

Other than that I have a lot of soap to make, and other products. Some supplies are running low. I need to get some candles made for holiday orders. A have 3 fairs coming up as well.

The yard, oh there is so much to do! It will be nice to put the gardens to bed for their winters rest. Firewood needs to be split as well and stacked.

Didn't do anything for Labor Day. Staying off the roads because of the tourists. They drive like lunatics!

Once the weather cools down I'll cook outside. I love that. Just sitting around a campfire when there's a nip in the air...love that.

I also have to restore all the pics that were lost on this blog. I started this morning....so frustrating. I will do it little by little. It's going to take time. UGH

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and are safe and happy!

Connie

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

It seems as though fall is always a time for retrospection and drawing inward...