Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Sunday, July 29, 2012

About my Sewing Machine Reviews

Many sewing machines have gone through my hands. I fix vintage sewing machines and sell them. I’m also building quite the personal collection. I have a fondness for the products of yesteryear because they were built to last. The plastic sewing machines of today are made with plastic parts and not made to last generations.

I’m fascinated by the thought of where the old sewing machines have been. I wonder about what their story is. I wonder about the woman who used it. I wonder about their life.

When my husband started bringing sewing machines home, I decided then to learn how to fix them myself, rather than keep bringing them to the repair center for servicing. That would be an expensive hobby.

I found that servicing and repairing these old sewing machines was not as hard as it looked. Once I understood the way a sewing machine worked, everything else pretty much fell into place.

Check back as I'll be adding numerous reviews for various sewing machine models. I’ve picked my favorites along the way, as well as my least liked sewing machines. If your thinking about buying a vintage sewing machine, I hope my reviews will help you in determining the best machine for you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Connie McCaffery

1 comment:

kylechristopherblog said...

I'd love to see your sewing machine reviews! I also found nice reviews of brother ls2125i sewing machine at www.ebrothersewingmachine.com