Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life (eye) Saver!

I've been having a lot of trouble with my eyes. In fact, since my last 6 month eye appt (when I got progressive glasses), I had to go back 2 months ago because my eyes got worse- they were hurting and I had double vision. Turns out my corneas are eroding! (map-dot fingerprint dystrophy they call it) yup, at 42 I'm having issues. In fact I went for a couple of other eye tests just yesterday. Surgery to be determined at my next appt, to do whatever it is they do to correct the issue.

Anywhooo, this was becoming a real issue with threading the needle on a sewing machine! In fact one of the only reasons I considered buying a newer sewing machine was because they have automatic needle threaders. (All the sewing machines I currently own are vintage and don't have needle threaders.)

SO, as I lay in my bed the other night I wondered if they made a separate needle threader thingy. I'm not talking about those cheap little wire things...they are garbage. So I jumped up, went to the computer and searched....and I found one! So I watched a video on youtube, and was amazed! I found them cheaper on ebay and ordered 2...one for the house and one for when I sew at my friends house. I just tried it this morning and it's a life saver!! You don't even have to look at the eye of the needle to use this! I'm going to post the youtube video and where to buy it for anyone who needs one. I highly recommend it, and no, I'm not getting paid to say it. Maybe you already knew of this thing, but I didn't. I wanted to share.

Watch the Video

Amazon Associates Link:

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your eyes!!

Connie said...

thanks, hopefully it will all be resolved soon.