Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Planting new things this year

Well, besides trying a few new tomato varieties this year, I decided to try 2 new other unique plants this year...ones which are not native to Long Island, or NY for that matter. I ordered cotton seed and peanut seed! My husband laughs...but I told him, they will grow! I just thought it would be fun to try. Imagine if I get at least a few peanuts to eat?

....and how cool would it be to grow cotton?....at least 1 cotton ball? - being so obsessed with plants...I'll try and grow anything! It's fun :)

Here are pics of my new plantings:

Peanuts on plant:

Cotton Plant:

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

How fun!! Good luck with both! :)