Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Home Grown Tea!

Chamomile flowers, how Sweet the Aroma!

I'm so excited! I harvested Chamomile today!! I will be drying it and storing it for tea. My plan is to grow as much as I can to be more self sufficient. I love the motto "Grow your own".

The Chamomile flower heads smell so sweet. They have a honey-apple aroma. It is heavenly! We bought local honey yesterday. How wonderful this tea will be for the body and spirit!

Tomorrow I will harvest some lemon balm and mint as well.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

You are right, the smell of chamomile is just heavenly! :)