Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Toothpaste Powder

So I got to reading about toothpaste powder. I've always been interested in making this because toothpaste never makes my teeth feel clean. So today I finally made a batch of Natural Toothpaste Powder. After I brushed my teeth I immediately saw and felt the difference! This is better for your teeth and gums, and costs only pennies to make!

This is how I did it:

Natural Toothpaste Powder
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 drop of tea tree oil
• 3 drops of spearmint or peppermint essential oil
• 2-3 tbsp of Stevia (natural sweetener) optional

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a blender, and place into a clean airtight jar.

To use:
Dip your dry toothbrush into the powder. Brush your tongue too. Finally, gargle with some water that has a teaspoon of peroxide mixed in it.

You'll See and feel the freshness of your mouth!

No comments: