Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blueberry Bread Pudding

Oh Yum! I added some of my homemade blueberry jam to a basic bread pudding recipe. We bought the french bread at a farm stand yesterday. Oh it smells delicious!

Blueberry Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

• 3 cups whole milk

• 1/2 cup butter

• 1/2 cup brown sugar

• 5 eggs

• 4 teaspoons cinnamon

• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 6 cups bread, torn into small pieces (1 large loaf of French bread)

• 6 oz blueberry jam

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat the milk just until film forms over top. Add butter and stir until butter is melted.

2. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Add milk mixture.

3. Place bread in a lightly greased casserole.

4. Pour batter on top of bread.

5. Spoon blueberry jam over mixture

6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.

Enjoy!

No comments: