Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, October 17, 2011

Changing Seasons

I can't believe it's October 17th already. The air is crisp and the breeze feels wonderful. Been getting a lot done the past couple of days. I did a lot of work in the back yard, potting up perennials for sales net year. Cleaning out the vegetable garden, picking the rest of the eggplant, harvesting flower seed. While I don't like winter, I welcome the rest.

We'll have to put away my outdoor tent room very soon, won't have much use for it much longer. I use it to take naps outdoors..it's so wonderful to do that.

Did a lot of house cleaning yesterday, with more to do today. I don't plan on spending the whole day cleaning again. This Saturday my friend is having a sewing bee at our church. We will be doing some sewing for the homeless. I'm excited! My good friend is coming along..I gave her a vintage sewing machine to learn on. Not sure how many others will be showing up.

Well, it's going on 8am..time to clean the bathroom. I'd Like to get the cleaning done early today....it just started pouring. I love rain.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Connie

No comments: