Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, October 10, 2011

About me

"Ever since I was a little girl I've been so curious about Nature.

I can remember being a little girl exploring the outdoors while I was in my backyard,
investigating the trees,

the flowers, the seeds, and everything I could get my hands on.

I'd often make trips into the neighborhood
woods all by myself, without fear, just to be amongst the trees.
I've always loved trees, and I've always felt as one
with Nature. I loved walking through the woods taking
in all that was around me- the sights, the smells, the
noises. And to this day, I continue to take it all in,
because I can't get enough of it.

..the birds singing, a flower blooming, the smell after a rain, the sunshine on my face...

and so my blog is centered around the simple
pleasures of my life...the wonder of Nature, my family,

our 2 beagles, some good home cooking, my gardens,
the birds, a quiet morning
& creating things with my hands.

I find peace in the beauty of a new morning,
the smell of the soil, the songs of the birds,
the bunnies running through the yard,


I long for a simpler life, and I aim for that everyday. If we could just remember to take 5 minutes
a day to revel in the simplistic gift around us.....
take a deep breath, and remember to FEEL the life we have."

Peace - Connie McCaffery







No comments: