Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Friday, June 24, 2011

A New Day

On my 2nd cup of coffee - been up since 4 am- thanks to my beagles. They cant help it. It's dark out and i hear the crickets. The birds are starting to sing their songs. How lovely. Other than that it's so quiet. I love mornings. I'd prefer to get up at 5, but it's ok.

It was actually chilly last night- it's been raining the last couple of days. It felt great to put on a pair of sweats and relax. It's suppose to be another rainy day. I dont mind, I dont have to run the soaker hoses for the gardens.

Every day I look outside and see how my plants are growing. Tomatoes are starting to appear, and string beans, little zuchinnis- it's so exciting!! I keep taking pictures of my beautiful flowers.

I think about Mary Janes Farm- she has a Bed & Breakfast- I'd LOVE to stay there but she's far away. I cant afford to go or have a way of getting there right now. It must be So wonderful though to be there on her farm. Maybe one day. I've been so inspired by Mary Jane Butters and the Farmgirl Connection. It has added so much to my life.

I have many sewing machines. Seriously. Some I own and some for sale. I want to make clothes. I have to buy the right material for clothes. I'm excited about making clothes- how great would that be?

Not sure what I'm doing today. Maybe I'll go into my sewing room and see what I can do. It's one of those days.

I wish you all a wonderful day! Happy Summer!
Connie

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Nice post Connie! Wish I could join you for a cool, rainy day! It is so hot here this week!