Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Seasons are changing

Labor Day is starting out quite cool and comfortable. Everyone is asleep. The temp is cool, cool enough for a sweater and slippers. The dogs are asleep. It's just me, and that's ok.

Hurricane Earl was a dud. I am glad for the rain though, the plants needed it. Soon the gardens will be cleared out, and prepared for next season. I think I will plant another batch of lettuce, radishes and carrots first though. The lettuce this Spring was delicious!

I must plan better for next year. More organization and less plants. The ground should be very fertile next year, as we have compost going and almost ready to add.

Soon we'll be hauling in firewood and cooking in the fireplace again. I'll be sitting in my rocking chair in front of the fireplace, comforted by the warmth of the fire. How wonderful.

My goal is to try new recipes this fall and winter. I'm tired of making the same old things, and I'm sure my family is too. I have so many cookbooks. May as well use them.

As much as I hate Winter, I will appreciate the lack of yard work, as it can sometimes be overwhelming. A mini vacation of sorts.

Can't believe school is tomorrow already. At least Andrew will no longer be up playing xbox 24 hrs a day.

Going to see my friend Bella's artwork today. Other than that, don't know what else I'll be doing. (though the house could use a good cleaning), dont know what i WANT to do, not HAVE to do.

No comments: