Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Pizza

Pizza is my favorite food, so I couldn't help posting a pic of one I made. The dough is from scratch, and I added dried oregano and basil from my garden. Though I do make homemade sauce, I used jar sauce for this pie. Wish you could smell it!
See Recipe below pic...
Connie


MY PIZZA (MAKES 1 PIE AS PICTURED ABOVE)

(FOR DOUGH) MIX:
4 CUPS FLOUR
4 TSP YEAST
2 TSP SALT
1/2 TSP SUGAR

MIX & HEAT IN MICROWAVE FOR 1 MIN, 45 SEC:
3 TSP OLIVE OIL
1 1/4 CUPS WATER

•COMBINE WET AND DRY INGREDIENTS, MIX WELL
•DRIZZLE SOME OLIVE OIL IN BOWL AROUND DOUGH
•KNEAD ABOUT 5 MIN
•SET ASIDE IN WARM AREA FOR 15 MINUTES
•SHAPE PIZZA (you will need to add a sprinkling of flour while working the shape of dough because dough may be a little sticky)
FOR BASIC PIE- (in the amounts you like) ADD SAUCE, PARMESAN, MOZZARELLA, GARLIC, BASIL & OREGANO

BAKE AT 425 FOR 18 MINUTES

No comments: