Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm 40!


Well, I turned 40 this past Saturday! wow, can't believe that. It's back to work today, and back to reality! I've enjoyed 4 days off. It's ok, I look forward to getting out of the house, even if it means going to work. I don't hate my job, just some of the things that go on. I suppose I have to try my bet to ignore it and just worry about my own work- that's hard to do sometimes.

My husband bought me the most chocolately cake you can imagine! It was covered with thick rich chocolate fudgeyness and chocolate chips around the outside. It was delicious with fresh raspberries from my garden. yummy. I was not watching my caloric intake that's for sure.

It is a beautiful morning. There are many birds around my feeders. I saw a hummingbird by my sliding screen door this past weekend too! I put the hummingbird feeder out, but havent seen another. They are incredible.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of an older singer sewing machine i bought myself as a birthday gift. I want to begin work on a patchwork quilt this week. I am very excited about this.

Well, I shall be off to work within 20 minutes. A happy & blessed day to all!
Connie

No comments: