Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Sunday, August 9, 2009

fresh made soap

This soap was just made 8/7 for a customer. I love making soap. It has to set up and cure now for nearly 4 weeks. Curing the soap will help excess water to evaporate and harden the bar. While it is safe to use now, homemade soap will last longer after curing. In fact, the longer it sits (months for example) , the more lather I find it makes.

There's something primitive about making soap, getting back to the sheer basics. Creating something with your hands. It's a wonderful gift; and I thank God for giving me that gift.

No comments: