Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finally, time to relax!

Well, it's a hot Saturday, and despite the fact that my neck is hurting bad, I am trying to enjoy my day. I had neck surgery about 1.5 yrs ago, and I have a plate in my neck now. They removed a disc. For some reason or another the pain started to come back in the past few months. For the past 2 weeks, it's been unbearable where I can't even turn my head without being in excruciating pain. I am so sick of going to the doctors too.

Anyway, other than that I am great. The plants in my garden are finally really growing, as it's been a very wet summer. I can't believe it is the middle of August already, before you know it I will be complaining that it is too cold outside. Well, it is too hot to go outside right now. I think I'll go back into the basement and see what other sewing project I can start.

My sons went fishing, the husband is at work, and the dogs are laying down. It's nice and quiet except for the next door neighbor cutting his grass, but that's ok. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. I hear the birds singing too, I love that. The chimes in the front of my house are gently chiming with the slight breeze we have. Despite my pain, I cleaned the house yesterday and finished all the laundry so I have the rest of the weekend to do as I wish. Finally, some time to do nothing. I wonder what I'll do. There are so many projects I want to do, I don't know what to do first.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day!
Connie

No comments: