Welcome to my World

This blog is filled with the things I love. Family, Nature, gardening, my pets, cooking in the fireplace, all things vintage, and the simple pleasures in life. Being a farmgirl at heart, I consider myself a 'Modern Day Laura'

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Farmgirl sister #673

It's official! As of today I am Farmgirl Sister #673!

I am now part of an exclusive sisterhood of women who are either farmgirls, or farmgirls at heart. Me? I am a farmgirl at heart, part farmgirl, without the farm. I make butter, grow my own veggies from seed, plants flowers, progagate, sew (beginner), I use to have ducks as pets and for eggs.(having to move changed all that, and it still makes me sad).

While I live in the suburbs- in wine country, (previously farms), I feel a strong will to 'live off the land' as much as I can. Since I was a little girl, I was fascinated by nature, and still am at 40 yrs old. I'd love to have more land, and have my ducks back.

I appreciate nature, I am in awe of it. I love a quiet morning and hearing only the birds singing, having my coffee and watching my 2 beagles run around. This quiet time in the morning charges me for the day. A dose of nature, it's wonderful.

I love the birds. There are so many kinds! I love to hear them singing, watching them at the feeders, flying around. I love butterflies, how incredible they are!

I love looking at my plants everyday to see how much they've grown. I love to smell them, to admire them, how amazing it is the gifts we have around us.

Being without any real family, just an Aunt (and a wonderful one she is), and a sister, I feel so lucky to have the sisterhood of Mary Janes Farm girls. Finally, there are others like me, who feel like I do, and do things I do, and relate to it, not laugh at it.

I've had people laugh at me when I say I ate my ducks eggs, made butter, and other things. It's ignorance, and it makes me sad because something is lost in them- for them not to see the beauty in it. They do not know what they are missing...or maybe they do. Who knows.

We have one life. There are more important things in life than material things, money and selfishness. Take time to breathe in the fresh air, listen to the birds, look at a flower, create something with your hands. Get back to the things that enable us to LIVE. It's a wonderful thing.

If your a farmgirl at heart, check out Mary Jane's Farmgirl Connection

Connie

No comments: